Dr. Michael Ledeen at Foundation for the Defense of Democracies: How Should We Help Iran? Read the whole thing. Here are abbreviated points:
1. The single most important thing is to get accurate information to the Iranian people about what is going on inside Iran.
2. We should be able to get some working satellite phones into the country, so that people can call out with up-to-date information, which we could then turn around and broadcast back to the Iranians.
3. Internet continues to work, despite regime filtering. A lot of Iranians are beating the censors by using a website that was set up to beat the Chinese filters…
…Help those people.
4. Build a strike fund for Iranian workers. And get them food for their kids. Jimmy Hoffa, you listening?
5. Call, courage and clarity from our leaders. Above all, from Obama and Hillary. Constant denunciation of the oppression and slaughter of innocent people in Iran, constant appeals to the “universal values” for which we all stand.
Mr. President, are you listening? Please?